The ‘Mastering Web Quality Assurance’ training, widely known as Opquast certification, introduces a customer-centric quality assurance (QA) framework that assures the integrity of the user, reinforcing their trust and confidence in you and in your web/digital products.
Breaking from traditional ‘disciplinary silo’ approaches it teaches fundamental cross-disciplinary web skills to improve collaboration and focus on, delivering a quality user experience. Over 14-16 hours students are taught how to mitigate major web/digital project risks and IT compliance issues while applying user-centric quality rules which improve the user experience, performance, and engagement of web/digital products.
- A 14-hour online, on-demand training course
- For all professionals invested in web and digital projects, from strategy to operations, marketers to project managers, editorial to technical staff
- A multi-disciplinary approach focusing on: accessibility, UX-usability, performance, RGPD-privacy, SEO-marketing, security, e-commerce & ecodesign
- For all levels from beginners to advanced
- Prerequisites: basic web knowledge
- Community defined web quality and UX rules-based toolset covering planning to post implementation
For the trainees
- Attain certification for QA skills for IT compliance and web and digital projects
- Learn a customer-centric QA framework and skills
- Gain a foundational multidisciplinary knowledge base for successful web and digital programs
- Integrate immediately with web teams and digital functions
- Join a community with passion and resources dedicated to making the web better for everyone
For the business
(For full ROI details see our business case)
- Increase trust – Opquast’s QA rules are user-focused but they also have a societal and environmental impact as mentioned above. Eco-design, inclusion, and accessibility are central themes.
- Increase customer confidence by improving IT compliance– apply fundamental security, privacy, accessibility and other I.T.compliance risks (see business case).
- Increase engagement and reduce bounce rate. By improving your inclusivity, SEO, performance and the overall user experience you will see higher engagement metrics from a wider audience with better: abandonment rates, bounce rates, time on page, page depth etc.
- Improve collaboration with cross-disciplinary foundations – Create solid ‘quality culture’ foundations by increasing cross-disciplinary skills and collaboration. “63% of people who are in a digital transformation process say that culture is the number one barrier….56% stated cross-department collaboration as their 3rd largest challenge.” Altimeter & Capgemini study.
- Reduce costs – QA is about avoiding critical errors and risks upstream as early as possible before exponentially expensive redesigns are needed- see Robert Pressman’s book, 1992 Software Engineering: A Practitioner’s Approach
The training objectives
The training covers Opquast’s web quality rules, which address the major areas of risk within web and digital projects: privacy, ecodesign, poor UX, accessibility, security, performance, etc
- Gain a cross-disciplinary knowledge base for more effective team work
- Learn a common vocabulary, framework and a mindset, for better web QA and UX insights
- Understand fundamental user requirements for the web
- Avoid major project risks and commmon user annoyances
- Learn design principles for inclusion i.e user diversity
The training gives us a cross-perspective on the different professions of the web. We touch everything. Despite a non-technical profile, I gained a better understanding of web aspects that are not part of my core business skills, for example, developer tasks, such as minifying scripts, which can speed up page loading. All this contributes to a more efficient web and, therefore, a more responsible web. It's crucial for a project manager to have all these parameters in mind.
The Opquast web quality rules have been tried and tested via millions of web interactions by the Opquast community customers, including the leading CMS communities such as WordPress, Drupal and Prestashop.
The Opquast reference system is comprised of the following:
240 web quality rules
realistic and verifiable, validated by the community
Multidisciplinary approach and models
SEO, accessibility, performance, security, UX, ecodesign, e-commerce, Privacy and Mobile
Online platform and training materials
autonomous e-learning system with quizzes, an online glossary, full mock exams, supporting articles and videos and a 200-page certification pdf guide
Download the program
Duration, prices, program, prerequisites, teaching methods, assistance, accessibility, and individualization: find all the information in the training program (PDF-173kb) .
- Professionals, freelancers: buy now, start training today
- Training centres, universities, companies, agencies, IT service providers: contact us
- Students: send this page to your course director to become an examination centre.