What is Opquast?
- A purpose-driven company focused on “Making the web better”
- The provider of quality assurance checklists and repositories under open license (Creative Commons BY-SA)
- The creator of a skills certification, dedicated to measuring the degree of quality assurance in web and digital projects
- A community of certified people from web and digital agencies, schools, universities, government agencies, training centres and companies
- 100% remote, headquartered near Bordeaux, France
- 1999, October: creation of the community site e-qualite.com, forums, a directory, articles to evaluate, manage and guarantee the quality of websites.
- 2005, December : creation of the current Opquast company but under the name Temesis
- 2003, Elie Sloïm and Fabrice Bonny have the idea of the Opquast project (OPen QUality STandards)
- 2004, June: publication of the first checklist of collaborative best practices for the web under open-licence (153 rules)
- 2006, conference on web quality at the first edition of Paris Web 2006
- 2007, The Opquast team writes the first version of the RGAA (Référentiel Général d’Amélioration de l’Accessibilité), followed by the second version in 2009
- 2010, publication of the second version of the Opquast checklist (217 rules)
- 2012, Opquast produces an Opendata checklist, a green IT checklist, a Webperf checklist, an Open Source automatic testing extension (Opquast desktop) and publishes the first version of the web quality book with Eyrolles.
- 2014, December: creation of the Opquast certification
- 2015, Release of Version 3 of the Opquast Web Quality Checklist, with 226 rules
- 2016, Release of the second edition of the Web Quality book by Eyrolles
- 2017, separation of the Opquast and Temesis entities. Temesis becomes an independent consulting company. Opquast focuses its activities on web quality assurance training and certification and supporting the community
- 2020, release of version 4 of the Opquast checklist – 240 rules – the company has 8000 certified
- 2021, Jan: New website, release of the checklist and training in English – release of the checklist in Spanish – 11,000 certified
- 2021, April:Opquast becomes a Enterprise à mission, or a purpose driven company.
- 2021, June:”Mastering Web Quality Assurance” training course certified by CPD uk. 13,500 Certified.