A community “making the web better, for everyone”.
Welcome to the Opquast website and community. Opquast is a training company but it is also a larger collective project and community. Since April 2021, we are an ‘entreprise à mission’ or ‘purpose-driven company’ whose raison d’être is to make the web better, for everyone. We have been creating tools and open-source web quality assurance rules since being established in 2000.
- Act to enable as many people as possible to access web services, regardless of their profile : age, skills, languages, physical or mental abilities, culture, materials used and connection methods.
- Improve web services by simplifying and facilitating their use in the private, public and professional spheres and their development as a vehicle for social and environmental transformation of societies and organisations.
- Help professionals and organisations to develop their skills and impact on the quality, accessibility and sobriety of websites and digital tools.
- To train, federate, support and develop an ecosystem of humans and organisations committed to the improvement of the web.
Opquast’s three main activities
The missions are embedded within and supported by, three main activities.
Activity #1: Web Q.A. rules for a better customer experience
The founders of Opquast are quality specialists. They have no opinion on the subjective quality aspects of websites; they only assess objective elements. And that’s why, at Opquast, we define web QA rules, assemble them in checklists and document them to make repositories. Click on the link below to access the list of 240 web QA rules, and feel free to use them on your next web or digital project!
Go on, download the list. We know you want to 😉
Activity #2: Equipping professionals with a user-centric web culture and foundational skills certification
Web projects mobilize professionals with a wide range of profiles: technical, literary, marketing, sales, etc. What goals do they have in common? How do they achieve them? What is their common vocabulary? Opquast’s ‘Mastering Web Quality Assurance‘ certification answers those questions and is supported by a comprehensive web quality reference system including management models (web quality model VPTCS), a 240 web QA rules repository, and a glossary.
Opquast’s objective: to provide web professionals worldwide with a solid user-focused cultural foundation and quality reference system. This isn’t to say that one can become a web expert only by using Opquast’s toolbox and becoming certified, but our resources are meant to be there as a quality foundation for all web professionals to rely on.
Activity #3: Supporting a community that is making the web better, for everyone
Training is important, but advancing the dissemination and implementation of web quality practices is essential to benefit all those that use the web. To achieve this, Opquast supports a network of web professionals (11,000+ of them Opquast certified) from companies, universities, public agencies, schools, training centres, web agencies and web content management system communities. Together, they are creating tools to make the web better for everyone, and helping Opquast create reference materials that are universally useful and accepted.
What we think and what we believe in
- The web is a fantastic and valuable tool.
- Web professionals therefore have a responsibility.
- Web professionals need to understand what’s happening on the other side of the screen.
- A modern web project requires the empathy and management of diverse subjects and risks.
- No one can put themselves in the users’ shoes.
- Making good websites is not easy.
- Standards are both constraints and assets.
- Life is continuous improvement and continuous improvement is life.